7 Surprising Beauty Benefits of Pineapple
When we think of pineapples in the summer months we think of a cool Pina Colada. But this summer fruit isn’t just to be enjoyed during happy hour. Drinking, eating, and topically applying pineapple juice on a regular basis is a powerful, proven way for you to achieve; clear, radiant skin. In this blog we’re revealing why pineapples are amazing for your skin and the best ways to add them to your daily skincare routine
What Beneficial Nutrients Do Pineapple Contain?
The vitamins in these fruits include; vitamin A, vitamin C, beta-carotene, thiamin, vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid), vitamin B6, and folate. Minerals like potassium, copper, manganese, calcium, sodium, and magnesium are also found in pineapples
Best Ways to Add Pineapple to Your Skincare Routine
1. Anti-Aging: Pineapple is your new BFF if you’re looking to slow down the aging process. That’s because it’s loaded with antioxidants and alpha-hydroxy acids, which fight skin-damaging free radicals. Why not create this all-natural pineapple and coconut milk face mask and soak up all these benefits
Coconut and Pineapple Mask for Glowing Skin
- 4 fresh pineapple slices
- 2 tbsp. coconut milk
- Put all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend them until you get a smooth paste.
- Pour in a clean bowl.
- Dip your fingers into the bowl and apply the paste on your face.
- Allow it to dry for up to 5 minutes
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Pat dry and follow up with a moisturizer
2. For Warts & Moles: When you apply pineapple juice directly to your face it can help ward off moles and warts. Leave it on for only 5 - 10 minutes. Use it with caution. Don’t overuse pineapple though, as the acidic enzymes can be too harsh on your face. You can use it every three days. Give this simple all-natural DIY face wash a try
Pineapple and Coconut Face Wash
- 2 teaspoons of fresh pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons of warm organic coconut oil
- Mix all ingredients in a clean bowl.
- Dip a cotton ball or pad on your face.
- Leave it on for 5 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Apply serum and moisturizer
3. Soft Lips: Who doesn’t want soft lips right? Just rub fresh pineapple chunk on your lips and voila! They’ll be more kissable than ever. Avoid this beauty hack if your lips are cracked and bleeding. Pineapple is acidic and will really sting on broken skin
4. Minimizes Dark Spots: The ascorbic acid in pineapples actually helps fade scars and dark spots. The enzymes break down dead skin cells on the dark spots. Simply dab pineapple juice on your dark spots using a Q-tip, leave on for five minutes, then rinse if off with lukewarm water
5. Exfoliated Skin: Pineapples are the perfect all-natural exfoliator. Pineapples are rich in AHAs (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) that exfoliate dead skin cells. We recommend you use Pure Fiji’s Exfoliating Scrub. It contains pineapple fruit enzymes (proteolytic plant enzymes) that remove dead skin cells and brighten your skin.
6. Clearer Complexion: Pineapple juice is loaded with an enzyme known as Bromelain. If you are suffering from acne, drinking it will reduce chronic inflammation, the single most important condition behind acne
7. Healthy Cuticles & Nails: If you’re experiencing dry cuticles and weak nails this could be a sign of vitamin deficiency. The vitamins and minerals found in pineapples help promote healthy cuticles and nails. Did you know that pineapples contain more calcium than milk? Pretty cool right?
Guide Type: Hot Topics
Images & contents may be subject to copyright • Report this image